Sunday, March 4, 2018

'Monstrous' from SebastianR: Giant Scorpion

Thinking about it, Batman isn't a good person. He's a vigilante, an ultra rich hyper-capitalist who gets his jollies beating up Gotham's lumpenproles, I'm pretty sure he basically committed what the CIA would call extraordinary rendition in the first of the Nolan films, oh and he explicitly appropriates symbols of the night in order to mess with the people he attacks.

Anyway, for the monstrous category, here's a giant scorpion.

Much scarier I'm sure
Despite it being a fairly rushed job, I'm actually pretty happy with the way it turned out, especially with the way the Vallejo quote unquote matt varnish glossed it up a treat.


I basically had no idea what I was doing when I started out, but a few washes in and he started to look quite gribbly.

I based the paint job on a yellow-tailed scorpion; the UKs only resident scorpion, that, thanks to global warming, has been thriving! You're welcome fellow Brits!

With an unlucky scavenger, for scale
I drilled the claws, but not the legs; I suspect that I may live to regret this decision.

I don't know what this might be scored as, but 28mm mounted or foot might do.

4 comments:

  1. I really like a giant Scorpion and this one is great. That's a really cool colour scheme. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sheen to its exoskeleton is perfect.

    Batman is seriously messed up. I’m a bat-fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This works on all levels - that's a frightener alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work on that scorpion! I like the treatment of the exoskeleton, creepy enough I need a brick to smash it! ;)

    ReplyDelete