Sunday, March 13, 2016

'Risk Taker' From TeemuL - 'Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan'

Like the Curtgeld entry, my bonus round entry comes from Middle Earth as well. This time she is a risk taker. She was told by King Theoden (and Aragorn) to stay at Rohan and take care of the people and rule, while the war host rode to help Gondor. She didn't like that and disguised herself as a man and joined the warhost. Merry was also ordered to stay in Rohan, but Eowyn took him with her. She was not officially a princess, but in practice she was the only heir of Rohan, so going to war was quite a risk.

Yes, I tried to get some red onto her face

During the battle King Theoden was injured by the Witch King and Eowyn went to help him. Witch King was on her way and promised to kill her. Based on the prophecy, no living man could kill him. Eowyn removed her disguise and told she was not a man. They battled, but when Merry (a hobbit, not a man) stabbed Witch King, Eowyn had a chance and managed to kill him. The prophecy fulfilled, but it was quite a risk, too.


I chose a red clothes for her, but rather brownish red than bright red - more suitable for a battle. In the end she was quite an easy to paint, or at least I painted her easy and fast. :)

Witch King Point of View

One 28mm human should add 5 points for my tally. And considering my bonus round history (5-3-5-3-4 votes) I'm expecting 4 votes. ;)

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Francis! I'm very happy with the result.

      Delete
  2. Really nice work, Teemu, you've captured the determined expression perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell the truth, it started as a small accident with the eyes, but then I realized she looks good while looking up, so I changed my plans. :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent job Teemu on one of my favourite characters from the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I wasn't that happy with her at first, but now after couple of days I like her more and more.

      Delete
  5. I'm with Greg, Eowyn is one of my favourite characters from the books and you've really done the figure proud. I like her flushed face and very nordic/rohan blond hair. I suspect you will do well with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt. I read somewhere, that it makes wonder to add a bit of red, when highlighting the cheeks, and it really seems to do so. :) I'm happy with the hair as well. Yellow is never easy.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Barks! In the end I like the dress as well, it seemed too bright at first, but the wash and last highlights made it better.

      Delete
  7. I also love Eowyn, from the books and also from the films - excellent work Teemu! I love that you painted her in red - a great choice for her! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sidney. The red and yellow create a nice combination.

      Delete
  8. Very nice, Teemu! My favorite part( and dialog) is her fight with the Wichita king! ;)
    She turned out great!

    ReplyDelete