Sunday, March 5, 2017

'Characters/Scene from' AledC: Boromir

Here we have Boromir from the Lord of the Rings, modelled on the performance by Sean Bean in the Peter Jackson trilogy, from Games Workshop.

These were really lovely models to paint and are the last part of what I have currently for my Dragon Rampant force.

The model on the right, Horn of Gondor in hand, is from the early parts of the Fellowship before they receive their Elven Cloaks. The left of the two is obviously from the scene where Boromir is shot and killed, by Lurtz, as he defends merry and Pippin from the Uruk-Hai.







This marks my return to painting after the move, not much longer to go let's see how I do :D

Cheers,
Aled.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Aled! I like the post Lurtz one in particular :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, that's a great scene with Lurtz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these figures and never get tired of seeing them. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on a tragic antihero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job Aled, perfect for this round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Aled. Lots of LOTR entries in this bonus round, yours is really good. I just found the standing Boromir figure in my lead mountain, was thinking of painting it for my Rohirrim force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Greg, I never tire of seeing these figures, especially when they are painted this well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sculpt and a lovely paint job.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete