Sunday, February 4, 2018

'Music/Musician' from IainW: Renaissance Musician


Here we have one 28mm figure painted for the challenge and a mounted command figure previously painted who has been waiting for a companion, he's a foundry gendarme but enough about him what about the musician, well, I've had him since the 1970s he's a minifigs fantasy figure, valley of the four winds I think, which was a games workshop game but minifigs did the figures . I always thought he looked close enough to a landsknecht so he has been pressed, taken the shilling and left that fantasy stuff behind! He's quite a pleasing figure although my usual technique didn't really work on his face so I had to do a bit more work! But he's good enough and it' only taken, what, just shy of 40 years to get him painted,so that's all right then, there's hope for all the rest in my lead pile!








So that's one 25mm figure plus bonus.
All the best Iain 

8 comments:

  1. Minifigs?! Awesome! I love this vignette Iain. It must have been great to get this fella done and in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, yes it was nice to finally finished him, guess I should have held onto him for the childhood round though!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. This must be one of the oldest figs to grace the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, yes he's certainly old lead!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. I quite like him with that jaunty blue hat! Looks like he's ready to lay a beat for the boss too!
    The basing is very nice too, but I'm most pleased an old figure has gotten completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I'm with you, I'm just glad he's got done!
      Best Iain

      Delete