Sunday, January 25, 2015

'Myth' from BurkhardS - 'Minotaur'


When it comes to the them rounds, it seems like those I was looking forward to and those I do not alternate. Fortunately this is one of those I was really looking forward to. I have for a long time been a great fan of Crocodile Games Wards of Ægyptus and Wards of Olympus ranges. So I had an abundance of yet unpainted mythological miniatures form both Egypt and Greece to choose from. And an easy choice it was. One of the mythological figures that always captured my imagination (and this was only enhanced by a trip to Crete as a child) was the Minotaurs and since I had one in my lead pile I chose it for this round. Now Crocodile Games actually have two Minotaurs, but I always liked this one better. You can still see the chains that were used to chain it to the labyrinth. But if you look closely at the flail he has, you can see that it is actually one of the stone blocks that he was chained to. He ripped it from the wall and now what used to keep him, is his weapon of choice.







But now on to something more somber. When Crocodile Games started off over a decade ago, there were many people that helped get things started. Deane P. Goodwin was one of them and over the years I found him to be a very kind person, who was always forthcoming with great advice and good natured comments. Although I never met him in person, he was one of those people whom I really enjoyed seeing on the internet. So I was greatly saddened to hear that he had passed away about a week ago. So I would like to dedicate this entry to him. Rest in Peace Deane, you will be sorely missed!!!

6 comments:

  1. A cool figure and some good painting. Nice gesture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always like Minotaur figures. They are cool and are a challenge to paint. This is well done. And your dedication to Deane is touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! It was joy to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dedication and well painted. Excellent job on this one. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice gesture, and a wonderful Beastie! ...I can almost smell him through the computer screen, and it ain't roses! ;)

    ReplyDelete