Sunday, January 20, 2019

'Sport' from BillA: Morituri te Salutamus

Of all the bonus round themes, this is the one I was most ready for, as I've been slowly working on a mountain of Foundry and Crusader gladiators over the past few months and I'm nearing the bottom of my stack.  As such, when my FLGS held an open-painting day last weekend, I grabbed a handful of figures I had left to go and got to work. 



I ended up with eight figures total, about an equal mix of Foundry and Crusader, of a variety of "classes" including some of the most iconic gladiator styles of all time. 


Foundry Murmillo


Crusader Secutor


Foundry Thracian


Crusader Velite


Foundry Secutor


Guy Fieri Goes to War - Crusader Velite


Foundry Dwarf Dimachaerus

Foundry Lion

I'm still figuring out a basing scheme I'm really happy with for my gladiators - I've just bought a bottle of Vallejo sandy paste, which you can see used here, and it's starting to dawn on me that maybe it should be applied before the figures are primed...? Either way, I'm expecting to have some fun with these figures on the table this year.  

13 comments: