Sunday, March 5, 2017

'Characters/Scene from' AdamC: Drizzt and Guenhwyvar


For the Character from book or movie I decided to do one of my favorite characters from a contemporary fantasy novel Drizzt Do'Urden and his magical extra dimensional cat Guenhwyvar 


This is one of my newest figures and one of my oldest figures.  Guenhwyvar is the Snow leopard from Northstar and Drizzt is one of a set of Miniatures licensed by TSR (or Wizards of the Coast, I'm not sure which) I believe it was sculpted by Ral Partha but I can't swear to that.  The figure is clearly inspired by the image a the top.


I changed the colors around a bit mostly because I didn't want too much black.


 I also did his skin in the inky black described by the book rather than the more "african" look in the illustration at the top.  I did give him the signature violate eyes from the book but this was the best picture I could get of them.


 Drizzt will make an excellent Treasure hunter or tunnel fighter for frostgrave


Guenhwyvar was true challenge to give the right look because the Northstar figure doesn't really have any fur texture in the sculpt.  I used black and german gray to try and give it some shading. I do think it came out really well.


Both Figures are 25mm so they should be worth 5 points each in addition to the 50 for the bonus round.  I have to say the Drizzt has not for me aged well but I do have a certain nostalgic feelings about the early books. 

15 comments:

  1. I like the cat and the snow bases. The skin and eyes are a challenge at this scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Adam. I must find that book, I'm a crazy cat person.
    You did a good job on the black coat of the cat - it's always hard taking photos of cat's eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Adam! The cat is my fav. I've seen the novel but have not read it yet - I wonder if its on Audible.com. Must check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with the book(s) but nice work Adam :)

    ReplyDelete