Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from AlanD: Armoured Bears


There could only be one choice for the armour round for me - some heavily armoured dwarves on grumpy armoured bears from Scibor Miniatures. So, I duly waited until they were on sale, then robbed a bank so I could afford them, and behold! Here they are in all their preposterous gloriousness. They are truly massive hunks of resin.








There are lots of  lovely details on these figures that make them fun to paint. I particularly like the Orc head hanging from the saddle of the dwarf with black horns on his helmet, and the nasty wound on the hindquarter of his bear. No wonder he looks so grumpy.


Tamsin last year sent me her nicely painted figure of Frank from Shameless. Here he is picking a fight he isn't going to win.



20 comments:

  1. Nice to see Frank make an appearance! :)

    Lovely work Alan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so scary looking cavaliers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thy look great mate, and fully justify you patience and self restraint in not touching then in the months leading up to the challenge - I know that was tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing models and you have really created a formidable unit. Your bronze armour painting is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Alan. This miniatures are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are AWESOME! I especially like the high constrast between the armour and brown bear's fur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great Alan! I can't wait to see them on the tabletop, hopefully not across from me though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that rich gold! Looking forwards to seeing the final army shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...Very cool! I like the basing as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours, well done

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bears you've painted up there! Love the brass/ bronze work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dwarfs on bears. This sounds like armour to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's not to love about armoured bears!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I somehow feel that Russian dwarves should be driving armoured bears. :) I have learned a lot about Scibor minis this AHPC, particularly that they look good when well painted. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bears do seem an apt choice for dwarves to use as cavalry. Definitely heavy cav too!
    The armor on both rider and beast is very well done, lots of character on each of these models!

    ReplyDelete