Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from RodF: Beauty and the Beast

In the near future we will see infantry in power armor.  For the Armor round I chose to paint up a Lizard Squadron from Corvus Belli's Infinity line.  In addition, I also painted the Lizard Pilot.



The battle armor was named "Dorthy" by my wife.  After giving it a gray primer and a quick wash of black to bring out the details, I started with the base red paint.  For some reason I started with the feet.  My wife walked up and said, "Ruby slippers! It's Dorthy!"  And the name stuck because every time I saw her she'd ask how Dorthy is coming along?  Oh well... it's not the name I would have chosen, but I present to you.  Dorthy.





Those tubes were supposed to attach to the back, but I was already frustrated with all the fiddly bits during the assembly and just decided I'm make them part of the base.  I used some plastic to make the bin and tossed in the containers and the extra ammo belt.  The rest of the base is made of plastic-card and a copper wire.

Here's the pilot.  If we've learned anything from years of Japanese Animation, is that a women in skimpy armor is very deadly in a suit of power armor.  I'm hoping she'll wreck some havoc in my next game on Infinity.  I certainly need something to counter my horrid die rolls!





These are both 28mm.

Hope you enjoy!

23 comments:

  1. "I don't think we're in Kansas"

    Nice work Rod :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job on these models. Great basing idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wish I could have done a better job on the pilot, but ran out of time.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Rod, I do like the Infinity line of figures (I have more than I'll admit in my leadpile) and you've done a cracking job on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie. I do love their models. Assembling them is a whole different story. I sometimes think if their motto is "If you are not crying, you are not assembling it correctly."

      Delete
  4. The best thing I have seen in this bonus round so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superbly done! I can really imagine these two standing somewhere in a run down workshop waiting for repairs to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my isn't she the lady of the ball? Grand entrance to this bonus round Rod!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool minis! If she clicks her heels does she go back home? Where's the little dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I believe Toto has been replaced with a genetically engineered green lizard. :)

      Delete
  8. I love these two. Very characterful and an excellent example of their genre. I like the ammo feeds to the weapon arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt. I know in the future, ammo probably wouldn't be brass, but I thought it added a nice contrast to the other colors.

      Delete