Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from DaveD: Cold War BAOR Chieftains


 When I saw this bonus round I thought I would dip my toe into it with the revival of what is probably the oldest project in the lead pile. These are not only representative of the early 80's but also were sourced then and had been sat primed for two decades at least.... planning eh..



So from the height of the Cold War a small unit of  4 British Chieftains to add to my British Army of the Rhine battlegroup . These are 1/285th GHQ




More on this project on the regular posting day.

16 comments:

  1. Only four Chieftains? You're slipping Dave - we expect an entire regiment from you in 6mm! ;)

    Nice little tanks anyway mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell, where's the magnifying glass? I'm zooming in as close as I can, and can see that these are actually pretty damned cool. Nice one, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are small but those are far away.cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chieftain tanks! Glad these finally got painted, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jonathan, I've always like the look of the Chieftain. Great work Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for getting them out of the lead mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living near the West-German border and very near the Brüggen and other British bases, I have seen these roll by (on their transport trucks) on occasion when I was young(er) and they are just about as impressive in real life as yours are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Dave! On a side note, it's good to see other folks with projects of a similar duration in a "pending" pile *cough* I'm sure I have some 20 year old GHQ in my hoard somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice little squadron, David!
    Primer gives best results if allowed to cure for a decade or three... ;)

    ReplyDelete