Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from AnthonyO: French Laffly AMD 80

This vehicle is a French Laffly AMD80 Armoured Car and is going to provide some light support for my Vichy French WW2 project. I am not 100% sure who the manufacturer is so rather than risk getting it wrong I will just say it is a nice resin kit in 1/56 scale.



In Bolt Action game terms that are hardly inspiring but are an accurate vehicle for my force and have a Mad Max type of feel to them which suits my band of plucky Legionnaires.



The painting was done, after an initial base coat with a brush, by using foam from blister packs to createlayers of brighter colours from Desert Sand up to Bone White. The overall effect hopefully has created a subtle weathered look and fits in with the way I have painted my troops.







23 comments:

  1. Nice painting and weathering Anthony :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good feel you have achieved with this piece. Great painting!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work not a piece you see that often

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting model. Cleaver weathering and photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting model, don't think I have seen that before, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting model, don't think I have seen that before, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool model! You don't see these often. I really like the weathering and groundwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like it would be fun to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Armoured cars from this period are always awesome, your paintscheme only enhances that coolness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This floats my boat. Got to appreciate Armoured cars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great vehicle, and excellent setting - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great looking a/c. Love the weathering effect. I've taken notes on your spongeing techniques. One of my faves this round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice, the colouring and weathering are artfully done and the basing adds so much more. A strong entry.
    Sometimes in early war games, just having something like this in your corner gives you a very nice ... edge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice vehicle, and rather well weathered

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like this unusual vehicle and so well painted - think will get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nicely done! The weathering blends smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fine work, and some super weathering there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shading and weathering are top notch! I love most the armor cars and trucks of the period, so much to loot for pulpy games! ;)

    ReplyDelete