Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' from KeithS: Asian Orcs

Slipping this one in last minute!  This is a group of 9 "Asian Orcs' from Heritage's Dungeon Dweller series in 25mm.  They were apparently an alternative set to the Orcs I just finished the other day, with Asian-style armor and gear (they have the same product number as the other orcs).  I really like these - they are well sculpted with tons of personality.  I did four of them for the challenge last year (for the nostalgia entry, if I recall correctly).  I managed to pick up some more since then.



Here's the three types, one with sword, axe, and spear.  There is a fourth figure with a bow that is probably my favorite, but sadly I was unable to procure any of that particular one.  Alas.

From the back.  I painted these to match the ones I did last year, based for outdoors for no discernable reason I can remember.  Still, the other four makes a nice baker's dozen for a skirmish force.


Another angle with a few of the lads.  These really are great figures with tons of personality.  My thinking is that I can use them as a second Orc tribe to be allies (or rivals) with the other Heritage Orcs I've been painting.


That's it - quick and dirty!  I barely slipped these in on time, thanks to many unexpected distractions!

12 comments:

  1. Great old school figs done proud Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work and a fresh angle on the theme - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking figures. They paint up really well. Great result. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samurai orcs is a new one on me, love the Japanese steel helmets. Well done vintage figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, Keith! I love the classic dark green skin on the classic orcs! I think I have some of these lurking around with my old ral partha ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work, Keith - really well done with these guys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty impressive for last minute work!

    ReplyDelete