Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from AlexS: Armour of God


When I thought about the proposed theme of by Curt, I realized that I was not able to paint so well in tanks or armored knights in armor. And I remembered the phrase from the Bible: "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand aganist the wiles of the devil". Especially because I had two beautiful miniatures, which enable precisely this interpretation of the proposed topics. Their author - sculptor, painter player and a good person Veniamin Mikov, the owner of the company, "Our dear friend Venichka LTD" I got a lot of fun while working with these miniatures, and I think you get a lot of fun looking at them. 





21 comments:

  1. "And though shalt count to three and only to three..."

    Nice interpretation of the theme Alex and lovely painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a novel interpretation, top work

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as we're not getting TOO relaxed in our definitions; remember the 'is that really a vehicle' controversy from a couple of years back...
    ; )
    No, I kid, but these are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we don't need to remember that, thank Ev... :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure it's slipped my mind completely!

      Delete
  4. Very cleaver interpretation. The monk doing the reading is giving a forceful delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-ha! A good interpretation of the theme. And good for casualty figures as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation! I like the reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea well carried out

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice extension of the theme, with some really characterful sculpts. They both look like they have been enjoying the communion wine a little too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the armour of God will be enough when the Northmen come to visit... great stuff Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shield of Faith in all manner of goodness (and Godliness)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Alex. Hmm armour of God, let's see you that plays out for you....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not surprisingly, these figs get the Mad Padre Purity Seal of Approval.
    The guy with the book is really reppin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cunning interpretation of the theme! Now if I only had this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice interpretation and I really like the figs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice interpretation, Alex! I do agree the reading friar is really feeling the holy spirit! ;)

    ReplyDelete