Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from JimH: Black Knight

Greetings –

 Another new participant to the challenge with a desperate first entry to get some points on the board.  So much for using valuable downtime during the holidays.  My first entry might just sneak by for the Armour Theme Fortnight Challenge.  With PaulS quickly putting Tim the Enchanter into play I thought I should follow-up with the Black Knight from Studio Miniatures in 28mm.  I’m probably skirting just past the intent of the round, but hey, he has Armour and it needed to be done!






 For my primary goal, I have the entire 1815 Brunswick contingent in 15mm from Campaign Game Miniatures to be based for Lasalle.  Only the three line battalions to be cleaned, primed and then I can start using the recently arrive stockpile of black paint.  I hope I ordered enough.  I like to put up as much reference materials as I can fit onto the walls with blue tack for each project – something I adopted after yet another paint pot tipped onto a nice book.  



15 comments:

  1. Looks ready to gnaw someone's legs off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid Black Knight. I like your paint table set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Its only a flesh wound!" - love it Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Does he come with magnetised limbs? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noice! Good work! (I like your paint setup - I use the same lamp)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice, can't wait for the Brunswickers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great figure! Looking forward to the Brunswickers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course he is plenty good for the armor round, most especially because I now have that scene on loop in my head! ;)

    ReplyDelete