Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from TomF: Lone Samurai

Deep in the unpainted box were a group of 28 mm samurai figures that I picked up over 20 years ago at a convention.  I had primed them shortly after the convention but never had the confidence to paint them up. Unfortunately I threw away the packaging from the blister pack so I don't know what company produced them.



I consulted pictures of samurai armor (the correct spelling by the way 😉 ) from various museums to get a relatively historical representation of the armor on the figure.  From what little I've read on the subject each samurai had a unique pattern to their armor to aid in identification in the field. So I didn't copy any one particular suit of armor from the examples I consulted.




I'm not completely happy with the way he turned out, but I had a lot of fun painting him. Maybe I'll take a stab at one of the other figures before the end of the Challenge.


Thanks for viewing my entry.

14 comments:

  1. Splendid work, Tom, vibrantly coloured and with great attention to detail. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful work on the armour Tom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant, shame you can't spell armour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colourful armour (correct spellings) - that looks like a lot of work. Maybe you will get the rest of them done this challenge? I hope so as this one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colorful. I think it came out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard work to paint a good samurai (which is why I do not) I am glad to see you are not afraid of hard work though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Well done, great looking model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely figure, the armour looks spot on! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good figure. Great work detailing the armour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colourscheme you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing figure and the threads on the armour look spot on to me. I have painted Samurai 28mm unfortunately not as well as you. Makes me really appreciate your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Tom! The painted knotwork on the helmet is just amazing. What an amazing bit of brushwork. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete