Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' from EdwinK: East End Gangsters

For the EAST Bonus Round I thought I would submit some proper East End villains.  So here are Wing Fen, the Limehouse Scholar, and some of his 'students'.




My original intention was to try to base them with some Victorian paving stones or cobbles, but I didn't really have the time, so instead I went with my usual 'Home Counties gravel quarry' (in this case doubling as the famous yellow mud of the Yangtze).



Dr Wing is from Ironclad Miniatures' series of VSF Characters, whereas the muscle are from Foundry's Victorian range.



It's almost two years since my wife asked me to paint a Tong for her, so in many ways this is my Sarah's choice!

18 comments:

  1. That's a cool entry, and East twice over! Well done, Mr King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Edwin - I hope they aren't planning to steal a dinosaur from the Natural History Museum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dr Wing looks less like Peter Ustinov and more like Gregory Peck in 'The Boys from Brazil'!

      Delete
  3. Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting!. Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Yhose same Foundry chaps are on my to-paint-pile too, hope I can do them up as nice as yours,..

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like they could cause a bit of trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent additions I can see some pulp games starting in your house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Edwin! Great to see your work. I am sure those cats are fast as lightning.
    Tongs for the great memories of this entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go off people, y'know...

      Delete
    2. I'd like to go cold turkey, but who would I mock other than myself?

      Delete
  8. Good to get that Tong done for the missus. And Mr Wing does look like an older Gregory Peck with a bit of Rod Steiger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr Wing does look like an Anglo playing dressup! ;)
    Excellent work Edwin! Can't let my wife see this, or she'll insist I do up her vampire stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in Limehouse only last week, and am relieved I didn't bump into these ruffians. They're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice for the theme, well done!

    ReplyDelete