Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' from JamesL: Dacians

These lads are part of my ongoing DBA slow grow, and join the falx men element I have posted previously. The three elements are Falxmen Fast Blade, Fast Warband and a two man skirmisher unit, Psoli.


for these I am trying a split complementary colour scheme, a technique I found on the excellent ModelDads blog, which discusses the use of the colour wheel in choosing colours. A pleasant change from Oak leaf camo!!


Hand painted shield for the Warband is a must, less I incur the wrath of Dux and the mirth of PaulOG!


The skirmishers have proven to be as tough as nails in the 4 games I have played (with unpainted figures shock horror!) which has surprised both myself and my opponents...

12 comments:

  1. Nice one mate - 28mm DBA is old school coolness!
    I remember hating Psoloi so much...

    Nice hand painted shield work too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very barbaric. Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys are super-aggressive, the posting is quite alarmingly hostile, and your painting makes them seem quite scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ferocious looking band of ruffians. The falx has always struck me (figuratively thankfully) as a terrifying weapon. Nasty lads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brutish band of ruffians, James! I like the colors and the animation of the troops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific work James - ferocious and very much a horror from the East, armed with those falxes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the feedback and kind words. Theses lads will be joined by more and more as the challenges progresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, they look suitably fierce.

    ReplyDelete