Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' form BrendonW: Eastern Dragon and Mongols

6 x 28mm Cavalry, 1 x Eastern Dragon

A foul smell had been assaulting the village from the East. It grew stronger and more acrid each passing day. Eventually dust was seen on the horizon. A few days after that a terrible tale of a demonic horde was told by what many thought was a lunatic who burst into the village in rags and filth. Perhaps just a bit more filthy than most regular villagers. In any case, filth aside, he told a tale of a mounted horde in  endless numbers laying waste to all in its path. Later that night the village was woken by the terrible screams of coinciding nightmares of a Dragon arriving from the East and consuming all within its terrible wraith.


 Dragon is from Wyrd Miniatures and Mongols (28mm) are FireForge. The Dragon is on a home made 75 x 75mm base. I purchased this beast to count as a Dragon when I use my Mongol collection in a Fantasy setting (proxy as elves because they have good archery). I was searching for an Eastern Dragon or beasts for some time and when this pooped up in a newsletter email I had found my beast.






I was thinking of calling him Ess. Because he looks like the letter S from certain angles. My daughter has told me that it looks like a Dragon Ball Z dragon. If you comment please suggest a name.

Cheers from BrendonW


27 comments:

  1. Love the Dragon Brandon - really great fig beautifully painted.

    I suggest you name her She Devil: She being Serpent in Chinese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that dragon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty damned spectacular stuff there, Brendon, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Brendon. You hit it over the stands on the this entry. That dragon is the BOMB!

    Name? Hmm, 'Tempest' is 'sāoluàn' in Chinese (apparently).

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful! Great idea for a Dragon Rampant army.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't see enough oriental dragons! Great entry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nice!! Just love the Dragon. You got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great entry! All the models are good, but that dragon is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dragon looks great, it really does.

    As for a name, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely looking dragon and the best version of East I'd say!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice work Brendon especially the Dragon.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely entry. The dragon is delicate yet very frightening. I would suggest you name it after my ex-wife, but that might be too much information ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mongols are really good, Brendon, but gosh that dragon is the boss of this entry.
    Having seen Dragon Ball Z, your daughter is correct as it does look like that beast! ;)
    I'd propose Shi ( she) it's death in Japanese which probably comes close to the Padre's line of thought....I'd ask my wife, Tamsin, or even Lady Sarah, but I'm rather fond of where my head resides at the moment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone. Glad you like it. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work. Great entry Brendon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dragon is just awesome! Like straight from chinese mythology. Really don't want to make your Momgols look small, but gosh, that dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOOOAHHHH....what a whopper! Fantastic work, Brendon! I love him, or her (assuming there is a difference for Chinese dragons). And the mongols are lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a tremendous entry, Brendon!

    ReplyDelete