Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from RayR: Engineer



Only my second entry into this years Challenge, its been a very slow start. Booo!

I've gotta admit to being stumped at most of the Bonus rounds this year, As you may well be aware I try and fit the Bonus rounds to my available figures, sometimes really stretching the rules.




But with this round I knew the figure I'd be using..
He's a Dixon mini, from their Grand Alliance range and represents a 1680-90's Engineer Officer fully kitted out with helmet and breastplate, he's holding the plans for one of the forts built outside Tangiers in the 1680's that he's gotta build. Poor chap! I suppose he really should be painted in civilian clothes, but I've chosen the uniform of the Governors regt, later Kirkes's Lambs.


24 comments:

  1. Yay Ray ... good to see ya painting .. he is just the job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have him, yours is better than mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the map!

    I really like seeing how people interpret the themes, I'm all for pushing the boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if he has the armour, he should wear it. Nice one Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never know that breastplate could be a life saver??

      Delete
  5. Good one Ray. I like the map.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust Ray to come up with some tweak of the theme, great work there mate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on the red on his uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fig Ray! Love the map and nice red uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very cool figure, I need one of those. Well done on the paintjob Ray, you even got some topography placed onto the map - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely figure, Ray, and one I know well. Really super work on him!

    ReplyDelete