Sunday, January 6, 2019

'Reconnaissance' from RobH: One of The Nine

The first of the Dark Riders has entered the Shire, seeking his Master's Precious. IMO that is a reconnaissance mission. In keeping with the Fellowship theme how could I not paint one of the Nazgûl.


This figure is from the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings series. I don't normally frequent their shops but I'm happy to pick up these miniatures whenever I get a chance. They are beautiful sculpts. I am still looking for at least one riding a Fell Beast.




This is the second Black Rider I added to my collection. A simple paint job of black with brown and grey highlights. Gun metal for the sword. The hard part was getting the figure to stay stable in the plastic base. Green stuff is almost as powerful as duct tape. If I had any complaint about the line of figures, that would be it.


A quick fix as I'm pretty sure my planned entry won't be dry in time to take a photo today. I took this photo the same time I photographed my last entry. The sun sets far too early in the day for my liking.



6 comments:

  1. Definitely fits the bill for the theme in my mind too, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice, very foreboding and certainly fits the theme. I like the basing, it creates a good contrast with the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Rob! A clever interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete