Sunday, January 6, 2019

'Reconnaissance' from JamieM: Recon Titans

When I saw this round, there really was only one place I could go with it..... Scout titans.  Yep, 80 feet tall giant engines of destruction used to sneak around and spy on the enemy without being seen.  The ones I've used are the original 1980's sculpts as they go with the rest of my Epic force.  When I got these, they were a little worse for wear so I had to knock together a left gun arm for each and add a muzzle to the plasma weapons.  I think my replacements are suitably large and dangerous looking!



A quartered colour scheme felt right and as I wasn't going to have to re-produce it across many models, I went for some colours I haven't used for a while.  Plus they'd make great camo colours for these recon experts.



Some random decals completed the job and now they're ready to sneak up on the enemy!



14 comments:

  1. Great job on these wonderful old models! However I doubt they can snak up on anyone being that bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely classic Titans, not those new fangled wallet killers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So classic!! Great stuff Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these guys! So wonderfully Old Skool. Their walking poses remind me of slightly inebriated Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. 'Aaand another thing... Gimme a drink....' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wacky colours but works and makes sense. Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh lovely classic titans! And a great colour scheme as well! Really old school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloody hell, how many points for 2 80 feet figures??? Nice work Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these classic models! Good saves on the arms; the mega-gatling gun was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking mini Titan's!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete