Sunday, February 18, 2018

'Childhood' from AdamC: The Girl from Kansas


This young lady is form the The Bones III set it has a old Wizard of Oz Wild West collection.  I felt they would be perfect for the child hood round.  Sadly I was only able to complete Dorothy and Toto. 


I used  blue in to get the dark part of the dress done and I am very pleased with the effect I might have to get more inks.  Toto was done with a grey bases, a black wash, then a lighter grey dry brush.



Clearly with that  sixshooter she's not a quite as innocent as she looks, in fact I hear she killed a woman to get those red shoes. :)  Dorothy is 5 points as a 25mm figure.  Toto maybe 1 point?  With this bonus entry I will push past my 500 point goal.  I'll set a new goal of 750. 

14 comments:

  1. That 1998 TCM description of the movie now takes on a whole new dimension; “Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.”

    Great work, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this very movy description in mind when I wrote this

      Delete
  2. a nice rendition of this famous character Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry - although in that last photo is looks like Dorothy is going to pop a cap in Toto's ass!!!

    Cheers,

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Adam! That dress did come out very nice! I'd like to see the rest of the Oz West characters, especially if you paint then as well as Dorothy and toto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on the work table. Should get some of them done before March 21

      Delete
  5. Nice work Adam. She definitely looks like she's not from Kansas any more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Adam, good choice for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely choice of homicidal child killer and dog!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one Adam - love the shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete