Sunday, February 4, 2018

'Music/Musician' from RichardC: How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?


So, It’s the Musician round. As I couldn’t find anyone who does 28mm figures of Rush, Zeppelin, Floyd or Zappa, I had to fall back on the ever faithful Napoleonics. I have a long term project to paint the mounted trumpeters of La garde Imperiale, but that will have to wait – I’d been sent an email with the latest releases from Warlord Games.

A quick order, and the Corps of Drums of the Imperial Guard Grenadiers landed on my doorstep.


The figures themselves are really nicely sculpted, with a lot less flash than some manufacturers I could mention – the model of Drum Master is a particular little beauty, with a really expressive face that my painting efforts cannot do justice.

I have plenty of reference material for these chaps, so getting the correct lace and colours was no problem.

Who knows, maybe the whole Band will put in an appearance before the end of the Challenge?

By the way, how many drummers does it take to change a lightbuld? A. Ten, nine to change the lightbulb, and the other nine to say how much better Neil Peart would have done it – badoom tish!!!

9 x 28mm Warlord Games figures, Warbases.

8 comments:

  1. You get bonus points for showing the love for Rush. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drum major and drummers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine bunch they are Richard, I know how desperately you wanted to finish the band so stick at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Good luck getting the band back together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While these are splendid figures we are still in the dark as to how many drummers are needed to change the bulb...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, didn't know drummers could count past four without striking a beat! ;)
    Nice work on the drummers! I have skads of drummers left over from vicktrix kits. I'm tempted to use them as this or status markers. I hope they will turn out half as good as these!

    ReplyDelete