Sunday, February 18, 2018

'Childhood' from LeeH: Pineapple Tribe Chiefs

This was a fun Bonus round because I got to be a bit 'Childish' for the 'Childhood' round. I bought these figures last year just because they were silly and fun. And as soon as I saw the list of categories I knew exactly what I was going to paint. I bought these models from Colonel Bills but they are actually made by EMP Games for their Lost Horizon range. 





The models are 28mm white metal and these two were wonderfully cast with virtually no mould lines or flash needing to be removed before painting. As usual I washed them in detergent before applying a brown undercoat. The beauty of fantasy miniatures is that some of the neglected colours from your pallet get a chance to be used, and these two guys are no exception. And lets face it, when was the last time you had the opportunity to paint a couple of pineapples in 28mm?







These two ridiculous jungle chiefs are also rather special in another way. If I have my maths right they should take me over the 1000 point mark and what I thought was my improbable target for this years Challenge. Back to some more 6mm Zulu War stuff for next week and to start preparation on the next bonus round. I have a splendid model for that category - very in keeping with this years theme - so I'm looking forward to getting started on it over the weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely and congratulations on hitting 4 figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking job and congrats on your 1k milestone Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Lee, great little mini's and congrats indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these two. You know how to raise a smile - although I would care to meet either of them emerging from the undergrowth.
    Cheers,

    Richard C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little quirky figures, I think they are really cool and different and made me smile this morning just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these cheeky dudes, Lee! You did a wonderful job on them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well those are completely ridiculous! Love em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully crazy little guys, Lee. And congratulations on hitting your 1K target. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete