Sunday, February 4, 2018

'Music/Musician' from KenR: WWI Bagpiper


A bit of a cheeky entry in this bonus round, I was trying to think of something lying around in the depths of one of my "painting to do" skips that would fit the music / musician theme when I remembered this fine chap who was destined to be painted this Challenge anyway.



You may (or may not !) have noticed my last general challenge entry was a batch of 27 Figs and a machine gun to finish off a Battalion of Highlanders I started last year. This guy is the final figure of that unit, removed from his comrades to be photographed alone as a bonus round entry.



The figure is from Empress Miniatures 28mm Jazz Age Imperialism range, bits of which fit nicely with my Mesopotamia collection. Pictured below is the Pipe Band of the 2nd Black Watch on their arrival in Mesopotamia, no kilt aprons and shiny webbing !



This chap is off to join the rest of his regiment whilst I try and work out an entry for the childhood round which frankly does have me stumped.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent work Ken. He can now screech and skirl his way to the rest of the Regiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent piper to add to your mesopotamian crew!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work on this piper, Ken, well done - love the background settings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any excuse to get a bagpiper on the table! Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking mini, the basing is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost hear that cat being stuffed in a bag and getting it's tail pulled. Nice work Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the piper, Ken! He should raise the fighting spirit of the Scots immensely!

    ReplyDelete