Sunday, February 4, 2018

'Music/Musician' from PaulOG: Orc War Drummer

My entry for this bonus round went through a range of challenges from missing models to me mucking up an order and not getting the figure I wanted <sigh>  Then a mate gave me this...



This Orc War drummer was produced by a small Australian Based company called Inquisition miniatures in the mid 80s.  In those pre-internet days they didn't get out of the Aussie market much and once GW found out about their imitative sculpting style the IP alarms went off. Inquisition no longer trades and hasn't done for a long time.


Anyway, I bought this figure as a young teenager and half painted it. It was then one of those minis I would seem to find everywhere, feel guilty about not finishing and then loose it again only to be haunted by it again a week or two later. This continued until it was lost to antiquity when I moved out of home several years later.  My gaming club mate Marty was offloading some old figs recently and gave me this, which I immediately recognised.  So here, a couple of decades late, is my completed Inquisition Miniatures Orc Drummer!



1 fig in 28mm is worth 5 points plus the bonus round.

10 comments:

  1. What a cool figure! A little slice of GW's overreactive IP-infringement history. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely orc and I like the grey skin colour.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous job Paul, lovely work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve never heard of Inquisition- fascinating story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those old sculpts have so much character, you’ve done a great job painting it up Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant little drummerboy, the hands on the skins are superbly done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work, Paul! He looks excellent in the Grey is green tones, but I really like the orc glyphs on the drums...it's almost like saying"smack drum here" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this mini too! I couldn't remember for the life of me the name the company but I have a dozen or so of their minis. My favourites are three space orks which I've just stripped and am about to re-paint - the sculpts are just awesome. I think I have a trio of space marines too which are almost indistinguishable from GW originals. Pretty sure they're all made of lead rather than white-metal. Great minis.

    ReplyDelete