Sunday, February 4, 2018

'Music/Musician' from MichaelA: Guinny & the Grail Seekers


It doesn’t seem that long ago that I was presenting my ‘Studio Miniatures’ Grail Knights as part of the ‘Armour’ bonus round, but here we are, over a year later, and I have finally managed to finish a few more from the Kickstarter to act as my ‘Musician’ submission.  I have to confess that this round had me stumped for a while and I was initially thinking along the lines of tartan clad pipers or drummers in bearskins, but fortunately I happened upon the minstrels and my direction was made clear.  The Medieval Mayhem range really are a joy to paint, beautifully sculpted and requiring very little in the way of preparation.  The likenesses are clearly inspired from the celluloid exploits of the Monty Python team and it was very hard, nigh impossible, not to hum the tune to, ‘Brave Sir Robin’!


Of course every band needs a front man, or in this case a front woman; I present the Queen Guinevere.  I had a little accident with her crown and so resorted to filing it down so that it was even, but I feel that her regalness is still preserved. 

Finally, then the Forest Knights, fabulous fun and based so that collectively they look like they are standing in a shrubbery.  I’m not sure how they fit into the band, monosyllabic backing singers perhaps?


So allow me to present Guinny & the Grail Seekers, my submission for the Musician bonus round. (9x28mm miniatures)

… and just because I couldn’t resist, I have taken a couple of shots with the various characters reunited with some of the Knights from last year.  Now off to enjoy my Christmas present from the ‘Provost Marshal’, cheers RichardC!



Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When danger reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!



14 comments:

  1. Fantastic painting of lovely miniatures - really makes you smile. And hum brave brave Sir Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Forest Knights are her back up dancers

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome Michael. I can picture the one with the antlers waving a tambourine, singing 'Shadooby, shadoobop...'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely band and I like the forest knights shambling in the background!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great entry Micheal! Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, nice to see them in with the Kerrnigettes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just brilliant! A great entry and excellent work on all the figures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work Michael. You had me singing all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know Michael, I saw the first picture and the song was stuck in my head... anyway great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, Michael! Guinny is wonderful as is her backup band, but I like best the Knights who say "Ni"it does look as though they have aquired their shrubry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tremendous reference to the Knights of the Grail!

    Honestly I started to hum 'Brave Sir Robin' even before I read your hint to the song.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete