Sunday, February 8, 2015

'Hot' from KevinH - 'Flamethrower!'


For this Fortnight Challenge, "Hot," I was trying to figure out what to do. Then, I remembered this German Flamethrower team, from Warlord Games "Bolt Action" line (28mm). I figured a Flamethrower team was just the thing for a "Hot" Fortnight Challenge. 

I had to knock these guys out pretty quickly this morning (and it probably shows) - I've got a LOT on my plate these days, and wasn't sure I'd even be able to post something for Fortnight! (that is also why I haven't been posting regularly, since I hit my Challenge mark - but I do still have to finish off my Entry figures!)


However, I pledged to myself this Challenge, that I wanted to try and make all the Fortnight Challenges, so I had to have "SOMETHING!" I remembered these guys were "secreted" somewhere on "Lead Mountain," but they had been eluding me all week. Finally last night, they turned up, so the cleaning and basing began in earnest!


Despite being Warlord "Bolt Action" figures, they are not Paul Hicks sculpts - they are a bit "cartoon-ie" and the arms on the kneeling guy look a bit awkward. I think the actual "flamer" guy _IS_ based on a Paul Hicks model (I'm pretty sure I have that model somewhere, but it doesn't have the "flame" effect), but the head/face has been resculpted to include the goggles.


Pretty straightforward painting and basing - but it was nice to get out the brushes and slap some paint around, to take my mind off everything else that's going on right now. I think the "flame" effect actually looks better in the pictures, than it does on the figure! 

So the next Fortnight will be "Comedic" - hmm... Time to start putting something together for that one now! Hopefully, "Life" can take a step back for a while...

Thanks for looking! 

14 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Very hot looking flame effect. The kneeling dude looks real grumpy while the standing fella is keeping back from all the hot. Very nice. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should certainly get the BBQ started! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have painted up the same figures a few years back, think you got more out of the flames than I did

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian! Wish I didn't have to be so rushed though.

      Delete
  4. Really nice job on that flame effect Kevin..For being short on time you've done a grand job with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll echo several here: great work on the flame effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a rush job, that's quite an effort!

    I do love the flame effect.

    ReplyDelete