Sunday, January 21, 2018

'BFG' from GuyB: WWI B4 203mm Howitzer

I'm close to Curt's cut off deadline, I thought I'd best get something posted! I've a number of half-finished models (mainly Afrika Korps and Winter War Russians) but now the magazine deadlines are catching up with me.




So here is one big GUN! This is the 1/56 scale B-4 Howitzer made by Heer 46. I used Vallejo Russian Green as a base, then added lighter layers of the green mixed with Forest green. The final model was given a pin wash with MIG Ammo Dark Brown Wash. The tracks were Vallejo Red Leather dry brushed with a Steel colour and then given a brown wash.

This beastie will probably be used for Bolt Action. As they were used in street fighting in Berlin, I think I can just about justify it on the table! There are some artillery crew to follow, converted from the Warlord winter Russian plastics. Despite its size, the gun is 10 points but hits the bonus theme for an additional 50 points.

Guy

11 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Guy, just sneaked over the start line 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if anyone would do one of these, it's the definition of a BFG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the hue of the green you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's that famous footage of one of these in a shattered street in Berlin, but I've never seen one modelled. Really top work, Guy, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking shading there on that green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect weapon for a street fight - it's a monster!. Well done on this beast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, using this in a street fight sounds like a definition of overkill to me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome (love that green). A great objective piece in a skirmish game. What a monster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is Russian green! Grand work, Guy! I hope to see the crew for it soon!

    ReplyDelete