Sunday, January 7, 2018

'Flight' from AnthonyO: Wolfspear Drop Pod

For the first bonus round I have thrown my hat in with a drop pod from Games Workshop for 40k. A drop pod is designed to be launched from orbit and plummet to a surface of a planet to deposit combat troops. Technically it does not fly as such but as it moves through the air and this is enough for me to draw my long bow and take a shot!



I have painted it in the colour of the Space Wolves but with a slight twist, in the book 'Dark Imperium' there is a minor mention of a successor chapter to the Space Wolves made up only of Primaris Marines called the Wolfspear. There is almost nothing written on this chapter so I thought I would give it a go.





As per my normal thing I used a blister pack sponge to create any variation on colour and topped it off with some battle damage incurred on the way down. The Primaris Marines are just there for scale and show, no points for them.



12 comments:

  1. Very well done. Great weathering effects showing the result of what would be a scary "flight".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work on this drop pod Anthony! I really like the weathering you've done on the blue tones and the wear and tear effects are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A serious looking piece of kit! I like the impact marks on the exterior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work it looks quite realistic for what it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool weathering! Wolfspear sound very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on that drop pod mate, the weathering is great and the glow effects on the inside are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely work on this Anthony - the blue really pops and your weathering rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a great colour combo - lovely job too

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't so much fly as plummet, but it is marvellously executed. Terrific work, Anthony!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great painting and weathering, and a really striking colour. Blue is one of those colours which I struggle with, but you've nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job, Anthony! I like the weathering on the pod in particular the scorching and impact marks. The glow effect when it opens is really sweet! I could almost imagine the Marines blinking as they run into the sunlight from that austere interior! ;)

    ReplyDelete