Sunday, January 7, 2018

'Flight' from DaveX: North Africa Stuka

This is my first ever entry into the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.  I decided to finally put some paint on my Blitzkrieg Miniatures 1/56 Resin Stuka.

The two crew in the last picture are only added for effect and have been previously painted and do not contribute to my score.











The canopy comes clear however the quality of it wasn't the best and I was undecided if I wanted to model crew in it.  Without crew I can model it both in flight and on the ground.  I decided to paint the windows of the canopy to keep it more "Wargame" like.

This should give me 15 Points for a 28mm Vehicle and a bonus 50 for the themed round.

15 comments:

  1. Dave, you've done a gorgeous job on this Stuka's camo. Absolutely brilliant. Love the 'wargaming canopy' as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Challenge Dave! A cracking first entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a big model! I like the painted canopy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome Dave. Well done mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cracking first entry Dave! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments all! Happy to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave, that's a seriously wonderful first entry. Lovely soft work on that Desert Camo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Job's a good 'un! Very impressive, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the Challenge!! Fantastic work, and what a stonker of a Stuka to get you started! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome 5o the challenge, Dave! That is a beautiful modelwith some grand brushwork! I'm looking forward to seeing more with how great those pilots look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great people in here, thanks again all for the comments!

    ReplyDelete