Sunday, January 21, 2018

'BFG' from TomM: Dawi Zharr Earthshaker

The second bonus theme, and this time it`s all about big guns.  And if there is one thing I love gaming with, it's... big guns.  or even bigger guns.

For this entry, I took a true classic Games Workshop model of the loveliest race ever created: the Chaos Dwarfs.  I`m just a huge fan of their Babylonian style and their silly big hats.



The Earthshaker was in it's days one of the biggest models in the various ranges, and it was a truly devastating weapon.  Not because of the damage it actually did, but because, well, it caused earthshakes and cut down the speed of the opposing army by half as a result...



The cannon comes with two crew (well, three, but my commander seems awol) carrying what I tended to call the "holy shell of Naggrund", aka the ammunition for the gun itself.



So points wise, sans bonus, this is a 20 point entry consisting of two crew and a served weapon if I am correct...


11 comments:

  1. Nice! That's an old artillery set. Great to see it again. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet exotica from the old FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top quality old figure, very nicely executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big silly hats, bug silly gun - what ever are they compensating for? Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pointy skull encrusted hats and a fun gun - what else could you ask for? My side could have used one of these to slow down the French in the last War of the Spanish Succession game we played.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skull bingo here in the BFG round - I've lost count now!

    Lovely model, Tom, a real BFG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking gun, I always liked the Assyrian chaos dwarves.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love seeing these old school Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs. So awesome. Lovely work Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regrettably, I never got a single chaos dwarf model, but I liked them all! This was on my list for that army too!
    Beautiful work on this classic BFG!

    ReplyDelete