Sunday, January 7, 2018

'Flight' from LeeH: Flight of the Falcon

I'm sure I'll not be the only person to say the Bonus rounds were a real challenge to fill this year. I have collected a lot of interesting figures over the years and can usually find something to put in a category but this year I was really scratching my head for ideas. I did eventually find this model by Midlam Miniatures and so this is my 'Flight' entry.



The quality of the model is really high and I'll be buying more from Midlam in future as I thought their models were very modestly priced for such well sculpted figures. This guy is a medieval lord of some kind, out hunting with his Hawk. I built up the base with cork chips and plaster to make it look like he is on some crag presumably overlooking a good hunting ground.








First bonus round down, now time to scratch my head and search my lead mountain for the remainder!

7 comments:

  1. What a cracking model and really well painted too Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Lee, very evocative of the Middle Ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mini, Lee! I really like his split-sleeved jerkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Lord and hawk, Lee. A really terrific bit of brushmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Lee! Obviously a lord with those snazzy britches and fancy leather armor! ;)

    ReplyDelete