Sunday, January 7, 2018

'Flight' from KenR: EotD Mechana Bat


Well here is the Yarkshire Gamers "Flight" Bonus Round Entry, a 28mm Westwind Miniatures figure from their Empire of the Dead Victorian Steampunk range.



This is well outside my comfort zone, being a mainly historical guy I only occasionally dabble in the "weird stuff" but I do have a soft spot for the EotD range and have a smallish collection tucked away.



It's one of those games I keep meaning to get round to playing, a bit like 7TV, however work has prevented me getting to the local club over the last year and they are more club games rather than the larger historical games we do with the Yarkshire Gamer crowd here at Castle R.



The figure is armed with two revolvers and takes to the air via a set of steam powered folding wings, not sure the physics of the equipment is entirely sound but it's a really nice miniature.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderfully oddball! Nice work Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats not to like about this entry? Its wacky and fun - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batman meets Spring-Heeled Jack!

    Very nice work, Ken, and very original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super, Ken. I think I have this model too. I am trying to work through some of the EotD range during the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great figure and excellently painted. The contraption looks like the bat suit that the Coyote orders from ACME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific miniature and your brushwork really does him great credit. Well done Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff, and I like the way that the painting echoes the Steampunk theme - fantastic work on the wings and the leather harness. Great stuff, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, but he has that natty bowler, so I'm sure it's within OSHA standards to ensure he walks away from even bad landings!
    Very sweet figure! I like the extensive leather on him!

    ReplyDelete