Sunday, January 21, 2018

'BFG' from MartinC: Big Freaking Gorilla

One of the many joys of the challenge is finding new figures and new suppliers. So as Mr Lee is a new supplier to me, one of our sponsors and has KyleC heavily involved, I popped over to the site for a look.

The site is full treasure. Some very beautiful resin figures and busts. Now I'm a man how knows some of his limits and large scale art pieces are beyond my ability. However I did go shopping and bought a couple of really cool looking figures, delivery was very speedy. This is one of them.

This is the Gorilla King and stands at 40mm high (note to Kyle that there is a typo on website. The website states it's 1/10 scale. it isn't and it never occurred to me that it was, that would be massive in a King Kong style). The figure is very beautiful, well cast  and with the right amount of detail. Better than that I'm really pleased with how it came out. Some of my best work. I appear to have my eye in this week.

Enough waffle on with the pictures. The dinky little crown is great











I have 2 final requests. If you've not been to the Mr Lee website go and visit. If you have been what did you buy. Good luck to Kyle in this enterprise, they have a distinctive offering that is very high quality.

31 comments:

  1. Unexpected! Wonderful sculpt and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a BF Gorilla 🦍
    Awesomely ferocious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks, he has friends (or will have soon)

      Delete
  3. And I thought Kong was scary, this beast beats him by miles at least! The basing is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, Martin, WHO did you say was a strange man...?
    ; )
    This is extremely cool - all very DC Silver Age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course he meant Big Freaking Gorilla!! Clever idea and very nice work!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a beaver lumberjack but could work out f and g

      Delete
  6. Great model and painting; and very original

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my two BFGS that didn't quite make it off the ground in time was a Big freeking Gorilla. Not nearly as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, just great! What a crazy figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Cheers mate, high praise indeed from the bonus round god

      Delete
  10. I love it mate, and you did a cracking good job on it! I really do enjoy this figure ( and we plan to make more to join him in 2018 hopefully! ).

    I can't wait to see what you do with the Beaver though.. that was a very interesting piece, and one that I had to chat a lot with the sculptor to get right.. including posing for the figure to get the right stance for it :D

    Oh and the website is updated! Many thanks for catching that for me! I had done a lot of copy and paste when first creating the site last November :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, I really love the Gorilla and will be back for some of his mates when I've been paid. More like him would be awesome. Beaver looks good, plan to do him in next couple of weeks. No problem with website, it was an obvious mistake. The arrival of 7 inch high gorilla would have been terrifying. Good luck with it all, you have some great stuff

      Delete
    2. The arrival of a 7 inch gorilla for £10 would be shocking from both sides mate ;)
      And yes.. more of the Apes are planned and the WIPs look great already. Was always the plan to do up a frostgrave gangs worth of them ;) But we will see how that gets on ;)

      Delete
    3. Will look forward to the apes. Whole variety of uses for them from IHMN to Necromunder

      Delete
  11. Brilliant looking gorilla and yes the little crown really finishes him off.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning work Martin. I love the facepaint and groundwork. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Think it's my favourite piece from all the challenges I've done

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous work, Martin! I like this fellow from his coat to his bizarre gear and wonderful war paint. The basing is really good too!

    ReplyDelete