Sunday, January 7, 2018

'Flight' from SanderS: Dragonfly

Hoi,

The themerounds are always great fun for me since they make you wrack your brain of what to enter. Now the "Flight" round is not one of them, I have had ample choice: I initially wanted to finish all my 1:72 WW1 fighter kits, I seriously lack the time for that unfortunately. So I was left with plan B: my 28mm GIJoe aircraft. Still in the unpainted stash are my Dragonfly and Skystriker. Painting both was again beyond my time-limit but I did manage to finish the Dragonfly and here it is.
















This is basically a Bell Cobra of course, but they couldn't well call it that could they? Anyway I overdid it on the metal chipping and I would like some more warning signs as decals. Other than that I am happy with it. It can be mounted on a flight stand (I put a magnet underneath) but it does not lent itself well to photographing while upon it.

Oh and before you ask: this is not a commercially available model, no it's free! Well more or less, you can get the file to print it on a 3D printer on Thingiverse looking for designs by the incredibly gifted "Jabberwock".

So that's my entry sorted!

Cheers Sander

11 comments:

  1. That brings back some memories, a terrific entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, and an original and audacious choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome addition to your whacky GI Joe collection. Lovely work Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stuff, as a GI Joe player when young I love seeing this... I could never afford the “real” model with my pocket money at the time but you’ve done a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Sander! Great job on the canopy and the weathering

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work, with great weathering, Sander!! Well done, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job, Sander! I really like the effect you did on the canopy, it seems almost as if you could find Wild Bill if you stared long enough!

    ReplyDelete