Sunday, January 21, 2018

'BFG' from RayR: 1690s French Artillery



 I hadn't planned to have a Big Freakin' Gun added to my Donnybrook collection. I do have a small artillery piece that was going to act as a French/Jacobite........but, what else could I do, but buy
another bigger artillery piece for the BFG bonus round.




The figures are from Barry Hilton's most excellent Warfare Miniatures and all 6 crew and Positional gun can be purchased for the princely sum of £15, which I don't think is bad at all!




It's quite lucky really,  that the English and French artillery of the period were both a brick red colour, so I can mix and match, to make different games.




You'll notice the Officer figure is based on a different shaped base. This is for the rest of the Rejects as they won't remember who the special characters are in the rules, eh Lee?



These 6 x 28mm figures plus the gun should earn me 40 points plus another 50 for the bonus round entry making a grand total of 90 points!




10 comments:

  1. That's what I'd call an elegant artillery crew and a smartly painted gun. Congrats Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Ray. I can only imagine how useful that piece can be in a "donnybrook" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a proper gun Ray, well done. Nice work on the crew too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Last Argument of Kings! Very nice work, Ray, that's a splendid gun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking gun and crew, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cannon, Ray! The crew looks very fine as well. I'm still keen on getting Donnybrook, but I'd imagine it's quite the trick to riposte a cannon ball! ;)

    ReplyDelete