Sunday, January 21, 2018

'BFG' from JeremyM: Star Wars AT-ST

Hi everyone,

For this challenge I decided to tackle General Weiss and his experimental AT-ST.  This guns on this one seemed a bit ridiculous compared to the original ones (see last photo) but they grew on me as I painted. This is the first mini I painted primarily with my airbrush and I like the effect. I also tried weathering with pigments which were fine except on the feet where I overdid it; and I tried OSL for the first time, not entirely happy with it but seems okay overall. 










JeremyM 1 28mm Imperial Assualt AT-ST (15 points)

8 comments:

  1. I want to try airbrushing- you've got some lovely smooth shades there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one iconic piece of hardware, now where did I hang those treestumps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof against anything except three-foot-tall teddy bears!

    Lovely subtle effect on that walker, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Evan notes, there are some serious Ewok-related weaknesses no doubt...but at least no Nissan logos...

    Fine, fine painting work here, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Jeremy - you've got a daft hand with that airbrush. I really like the weathering on its "feet".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely smooth finish on this model.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Jeremy! The shading is equisite on this and I like the weathering. It looks like it has been stomping across red clay which is a nice effect and really makes it feel heavy!

    ReplyDelete