Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' from TamsinP: Choson Korean Irregulars

I wasn't sure if I'd get this entry finished in time for submission. I did leave it a little bit late - I started work on Thursday evening (OK, so I started the two horses on Wednesday night). But after two long evenings and one long day of painting, varnishing and flocking they're done.



Oh, did I not mention it's a bit of a points bomb? *grin*

Oh, yes indeed - a points bomb of reinforcements for the irregular troops of my ever-growing Choson Korean army.

Peasant Levy:









I've already got two 8-base units of these. This lot (with an extra officer base) will take me to the maximum 40 bases in the FoG/FoGR army list and allow me to field either five 8-base units or four 10-base units.


Righteous Army:









I think it was during last year's Challenge that I painted four 8-base units of these. With the ones I've just painted I'll have the maximum 40 bases allowed and will be able to field them as either five 8-base or four 10-base units.

Commanders:









I've actually got more commanders than I'll ever need for my Choson Koreans, but two more can't do any harm!

For points, there are 108 foot and two mounted figures, which should net me 224 points plus the theme bonus. Noice!



20 comments:

  1. Many are called, but few are Choson. Because that pun's never getting old!

    Helluva job on this horde of tiny men, Tamsin - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Huge number of figures and they look awesomely painted as well! Thanks for giving some close in pictures so we can see them Tamsin! I am always amazed at how so many of you other painters stay on track for these big submissions! Great work as ussual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Tamsin - you are indeed a painting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. A whole heaping helping of miniatures from the Tamsin machine. Good stuff. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Tamsin- I like the subtle variations in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great seeing so many figures painted - I think that makes this entry unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the tank you for the close ups, Tamsin! Very fine brushwork on those pretty sculpts. They have a lot of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super work Tamsin, I always enjoy the way you work a bit of colour and variety into those big blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Evan - boom-tish! Are you here all week? I'll get my coat! ;)
    Cheers! :)

    @ Dave D - thanks! :)

    @ Byron - cheers! It's called living dangerously - by reducing our lead-piles so much we are taking the risk of having painted them all and everyone knows that when you have no lead left to paint you pop your clogs! ;)

    @ Paul O'G - thanks! :)

    @ Brendon - cheers! :)

    @ Barks - thanks! :)

    @ Martin C - cheers! :)

    @ Sander - thanks! :)

    @ Michael A - cheers m'Lord! :)

    @ Jez - thanks! Unique for this round maybe :)

    @ Christopher S -cheers! Well, you know I like my hordes and I know you like my hordes! :)

    @ Greg B - thanks! :)

    @ david B - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work Tamsin! That's quite an impressive hoard you've assembled there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Tamsin. Oh course you'd throw a points bomb in a bonus round!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is indeed most righteous, Tamsin. Downright fantastic, in fact!!! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Moiterei - cheers! :)

    @ Rod F - thanks! Of course I would :)

    @ Sidney - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really do a great job on your armies. This is another super one for the East theme.

    ReplyDelete