Sunday, January 22, 2017

'East' from TeemuL: Soviet 3-Ton Truck

East is of course of a subjective term, but here in Finland, the Soviet Union and Russia have been our East Neighbour. So I continue my treks with the 15mm WW2 Russia vehicles.

The armor bonus got me two votes and some hints. This truck got less weathering (I'd imagine this truck is using more roads and is trying to keep out of action, since being a bit cleaner than tanks) and lighter highlights. In some angles it looks better, in some not. The windshields were something I never done before, the end result is average. Better than flat, but not perfect illusion.



The markings on the doors are bit messy, but better than nothing - giving a bit character and so on. I used the same color scheme as my T-60 tank and SU-72M assault gun in order to be able to field them next to each other, if needed.



My previous two vehicles for 15mm WWII were Battlefront metal/resin models, this is a plastic Zvezda. This is really a 1:100 scale model as you can see from the last picture. There's also an engine under the hoof. This is much lighter than Battlefront model and has finer details - looks better, but not may be as durable in the gaming conditions.



May be it is my untrained eye for 15mm models, but while the truck doesn't look very nice on my hand, it looks better on these pictures. Might look even better with more 15mm stuff around it, I need to field all three (wohoo!) at the same time and see how they look like.



The tarpaulin part is removable, so you can see the inside and have for example troops on board.


As you can see, the model is detailed from the underside as well.

This is my very last 15mm WW2 (or any 15mm or any WW2) model, so thanks to the challenge, I have cleaned that project (although I'm thinking about buying more). Challengewise, this should give me nice 6+50 points and probably 3 votes. :)

17 comments:

  1. Excellent painting and modelling, Teemu; I especially like the weathering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan, I like this better than the tank on the previous round.

      Delete
  2. If your plastic pile has been depleted, you better go buy more quickly before some medical malady strikes you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just waiting my first paycheck in four months. :)

      Delete
  3. Really like the weathering on the truck, Teemu! She looks well used! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely truck and good job on painting the underside so well, something I rarely do myself! It shows a true artists dedication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve! Without all the details I would have left it unpainted, too, but this way it was impossible to skip it. :)

      Delete
  5. A classic workhorse. One of the true war-winners, and you've painted it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a nice model and you have painted and weathered it really well.

    ReplyDelete