Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from SidneyR: Graf Ulrich von Ben and Grigory Sedenko


I didn’t have a great deal of time for this entry, and prepared just two mounted figures from one of my favourite books.  Here we have Graf Ulrich von Bek and his companion Grigory Sedenko, both from Michael Moorcock’s excellent “The Warhound and the World’s Pain” - a must for anyone interested in the Thirty Years War (albeit a fantastical setting of the War).



And why “Armour”: here’s an extract from Chapter One:

“The steel I wore, helmet, breastplate, greaves and gloves, was of the very best, as was the west-soaked silk of my shirt, the leather of my boots and breeches.  My weapons had been selected from the richest of those who I had killed and were all, pistols, swords, daggers and musket, by the finest smiths.  My horse was large and hardy and excellently furnished”


An armoured krieghund as an entry into the Themed Rounds.  What better way to start!

16 comments:

  1. Is this the Flemish School of miniatures painting?
    ; )
    Sidney, this is splendid stuff. That's a helluva double act, and finished with a painterly eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Sidney :)

    I'll have to look out for that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool painting style. I like the high contast style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I like the rich red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to your entries every year - this does not disappoint - beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent entry Sidney! Really well done on these illustrious two gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top notch entry Sydney! Absolutely stunning. I'll have to chase down the Moorcock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely terrific set to a wonderful book. I didn't know you were a Moorcock fan as well (I have a guilty pleasure in the Elric series). Something else to kibitz about when we next share a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Sidney! The red in particular really came out nice.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete