Sunday, January 8, 2017

'Armour' from SteveM: 15mm DAK Panzer IIIs


Scale : 15mm (1/100)
Mfg : Battlefront Miniatures
Product : ge035, ge034
Material : Metal and Resin
Paints: automotive primer, Vallejo Model Color, Winsor &Newton Oil, AK enamel washes, AMMO paint, AMMO pigments, gloss varnish, matt vanish
Details: 3 tanks

I like the DAK tanks for painting up as one gets to play with dust and dirt. I tried to show the wear and tear of being beaten by the sand in North Africa during WWII.










Regards,

SteveM.

16 comments:

  1. Some lovely Panzers there - the Panzer III was the first model tank I ever built, back around 1974, so the nostalgia is palpable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that weatherbeaten look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have been through a few dust storms. Super painting and weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. They look like they've been in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. World War II in North Africa is one of my favorite theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, some great North African stuff in this theme round. The Panzer III is a gaming favourite of mine, always nice to see. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Western Desert early to mid war. Just my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice unit of panzers, I'm a big fan of western desert stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on these true workhorses. I really like the panzer grey peeping through in places.

    ReplyDelete