Sunday, February 5, 2017

'Home' from KenR: Happiness is a 15mm Terrain Piece called Hamlet


Here is my entry in the "Home" bonus round, welcome to my little retreat in the country.




I have been searching for some 15mm buildings for Horse and Musket era in Central Europe, with both SYW and Napoleonic collections they are much needed. I have been looking around for a while now and nothing has really taken my fancy until I saw these on the old tinterwebnet.



These models are from a company called Total Battle Miniatures in the UK, they have a good selection of stuff in various sizes and periods. This is their 15mm Hamlet set. For 26 of your English Pounds you get three buildings, a single house, a barn and a row of three terrace properties. Also in the set is a handy flexible rubber mat base with holes cut out for the buildings to sit in.



The base arrives as cream colour the buildings dark grey. I really like these and this little foray into the range has certainly wet the appetite, I will be buying more. I plan to do a full review / how to on the Yarkshire Gamer website in due course.

22 comments:

  1. Nice hamlet Ken - I wonder how many people will get the reference? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Ken, though now I'm inexplicably wanting a cigar...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it a mild hamlet ? Lovely buildings and seems like a good price.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I am straightening my hair in a photo booth as we speak 😁

      Delete
  4. That's a great piece Ken, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, it's been a long search for 15mm Black Powder buildings, I may have landed.

      Delete
  5. Great work, Ken. I really like how you did the village 'base'. I have a few pieces of TBM in 6mm - they are a little pricey (in exchange and shipping) but brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, the base really sets it off for me. No more argument about what is in or out of the village.

      Delete
  6. These look really good Ken. Nice to see the start of a village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rod, I will probably end up with a few of these to represent farmsteads etc and get a few of the larger village / town sets too, where's my Credit Card.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Cheers Clint, the occupants may well wake up to the sound of Gun fire in the near future.

      Delete
  8. I've seen this set before and thought it was really nice and you have done a fine job on it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work, Ken. I have been looking at adds for TBM products in WSS for a while now, and your painting and presentation have sold me on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will be buying more Michael highly recommended.

      Delete