Sunday, February 5, 2017

'Home' from TeemuL: A Tower with a Surprise

As you might remember from my Wednesday post, I was happily getting ready my West Bonus Round Entry until Monday morning. Then I realized, the next Bonus round is (Home) Terrain. Luckily I had this Warbases "Tower Modular" almost assembled, so I dropped everything else, finished the assembly and grabbed my biggest brush. 


As you can see, this is not the regular Tower Modular, I have altered it a bit and created a small yard next to it.

The base is Terrain Tray again from Warbases, the wall around the yard is foamcard. The roof is made using the old Cereal Box -method. The same method is used on the tiles on the walls. Two pillars are wooden dollhouse parts. 


I added some texture on the walls using Citadel Agrellan Badland texture paint, it worked out quite nice.

In general I was aiming for a bit worn look, opposite of my other buildings (and Oldhammer miniatures), which are quite clean and shiny. This is not a timber house, it's made of tiles and plaster - something like the lone buildings next to desert you see in the old Italian Westerns.


The Tower fits quite well with my other Warbases MDF building, as you can see. I really like this stuff, they are easy to build, light, but robust.I should have paid a bit more attention to the corners to hide the joins, but I'm wiser with the next building.


And yes, it is Home Terrain for my small Empire force, who shares the same colors. 


But it's not all, you can remove the roof! 


And use the Tower as a Dice Tower! Now it is safe to roll the dice on the game board without ugly cardboard boxes!

14 comments:

  1. What a great entry and really useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I just need to sell my idea and become a millionaire! 😊

      Delete
  3. Nice matching terrain piece, I am tempted by these warbase towers.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warbase terrain is very good on my experience. Just a little bit attention to the corners and they are fine.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Very clever to use it as a dice tower. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an excellent way to 'hide' a dice tower. Well done Teemu! Now you need something architecturally sympathetic for every period you play.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long had an idea to build a Blood Bowl grandstand, which would have a "hidden" dice tower next to it. But I have never managed to do that. This was easy, so I might try something else in the future.

      Delete