Sunday, February 19, 2017

'West' from IsobelS: Dead Man's Hand

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, this post is going to be very brief as I am currently in the middle of a move and don't have an appropriate amount to sit down and write a complex and meaningful entry. Anyways, for the "West" Bonus Round I decided to paint up a figure that I have had for a little while now.



Ignore the messy work space.

This guy is a 28mm Reaper Miniature called 'Undead Cowboy'. I think the name is fairly accurate with what we're dealing with.




Close up without the flash



A bit of a high angle so you can see the base a bit better.



And a shot of his back.

He was surprisingly quick to paint up, but I think that is mostly because there was nothing particularly fancy about the colour palette I used. I tried to invoke a bit of an American Civil War vibe by painting his uniform blue like a Union troop but I'm not sure how well I pulled it off.

This guy was also a practice in glow effects and object source lighting. As I have mentioned before I have a large and growing collection of skeleton figures. To tie them all together I am planning on giving them all blue glowing eyes, so this guy was a bit of a dry run on this technique. I don't think it turned out amazingly but I don't think it's too shabby either, just something that I need to continue practicing. 

That's all that I've got time for at the moment but stayed tuned for some more skeletons. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, shame about the photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite the unusual take on the theme, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Isabel. I'm glad we got a glimpse of the work space, as I chuckled when I saw the old school chestnut ink from GW...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the coolest people who want a real challenge move house during the AHPC season - so kudos to you Isobel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love undead gunslingers, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on a lovely figure, I like the glow effect on its eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A grisly and gruesome gunfighter, Isobel - well done!

    ReplyDelete