Sunday, February 19, 2017

'West' from AlexS: Jester

Each theme is offered Curt a certain intellectual and associative challenge. When I thought about picking up and the miniature for the theme of "the West", then I went through a lot of options. In the end I settled on a miniature a jester.


Why? Because for me, "West" - is Europe, European culture and literature, and in particular, the idea of a medieval carnival and a book that embodies the culture of fun and mixing the high and low - "Gargantua and Pantagruel". So I decided to use the classic the miniature a jester, to show respect to the Western carnival culture. I decided to use some non-standard color scheme, working only with the color red, to bring to the next the miniature image that I associate with Western cultural - Mephistopheles.

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, excellent work Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interpretation of the theme Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun interpretation... and that miniature is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, lovely figure too.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, and a clever representation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic choice of figure. He reminds me of Mr Claypole from the classic 70s British tv show Rentaghost

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foundry do make some excellent figs, and you've done him justice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete