Saturday, January 16, 2016

'Epic Fail' from SeanS - Tank Hunter











It was at this point that Snozgit realized Bolgag was putting him on about the anti tank squigs.

My entry into the Epic Fail Bonus round was nearly that. I managed to glue in one of the bolters on upside down and didn't realize it until I had glued the sposon in question in place. After much cursing and a query of several facebook groups I chose to break the sponson off and soak the offending bolter in Simple Green. 24 hours later I could reassemble it the correct way.


I'll spare you the gory details, but I painted the entire tank with a brush. I think this is the first vehicle I've built and painted since I was about 12 years old.


The figures are both 40K, a Gretchin crewman of the Squig Katapult circa 1994 and a Leman Russ tank which may be from 2010. I chose to do the squigs in bright colors to make them pop and stand out from the Gretchin. The tank I've chosen for a yet to be named Cadian regiment that will see duty on Borborygmus Prime. I've chose to go with a grey scheme for the regiment. The camo is something that evolved as I painted it.



Not happy with things but I soldiered on and hopefully learned how not to build and paint the next tank. I left the decals off as I hit a wall tonight and am barely getting this in on time.

So if my math is right I get 5 for Snozgit, 11 for the tank (15 less 25%) and 50 for "epic fail", giving me 66 more points for the challenge and the Sci-Fi duel.

25 comments:

  1. Having had to cut off and reassemble a pair of dodgy sponsons myself of late I feel your pain mate. Looks fine now so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, it turned it from my command vehicle to one I'll push to the back row.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. We must defend the Emperor's interests to the farthest flung corners of the galaxy!

      Delete
  3. You have to admire the guts of a grot in taking on a tank! And who knows, maybe he won't fail after all...

    Very entertaining, great work on this submission!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sidney, I've got more in the wings. I'll try to get them in the queue.

      Delete
  5. Nice job, Sean!
    Perhaps he is range finding for a Shokk Gun!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DB, i wish, I recently came into two Squig Katapults. Now all I need is the Shokk gun and Hop Splat Kannon.

      Delete
  6. Nice work Sean. I think this s the 40k version of Miles entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, the same thought occurred to me when I saw his entry.

      Delete
  7. Great to see you've managed to fix your problem! I saw the desperate Facebook post!

    Haven't painted a vehicle in 20 years, they intimidate me! You've done a smashing job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iannick. If my recollection and my math are right it's been about 35 years for me. I seem to recall building and painting a Mustang P-51D.

      Delete
  8. The story alone is worth the commendation and points! Great work!

    ReplyDelete