Sunday, January 3, 2016

'Nostalgia' From TeemuL - Blood Bowl Blitzers

These plastic Blood Bowl miniatures were the first minis I ever painted in the early 1990s. Some time ago I got couple of more those, including these two blitzers. So I can happily say these figures are very nostalgic. With these two, my team New Orc Rangers is ready to start their first season later this month.


The colors are very basic orc colors, my team is a collection of 20 year old miniatures with 20 year old paints and 20 year old miniatures with 20 second old paint. :) I'm better painter than 20 years ago, but these are still far from perfect. Good enough for me and my gaming table, though. :)


I tried to be fast, but I just missed the sun, so the pictures aren't as bright as I hoped for.


With the Imperial Halberdiers I complained about the white paint, with these I tried white from Coat d'Arms. It's much better for me than Games Workshop whites, it's not perfect but better. Some might have an opposite opinion, but this white works better for me.


11 comments:

  1. This theme is certainly flushing out some surprises! Nice one, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much any white is better than Citadel. :-) Nice work Teemu, especially the "nostalgic" basing. That green is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought of doing some Blood bowl for Defensive Terrain bonus round. Only played the game twice (lost both times) so not really very nostalgic for me. But it is your nostalgia nad not mine that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The first mini I ever painted was a blood bowl figure as well, way back when :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, Teemu! Blood Bowl! Another favorite game of yesteryear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Thank you for keeping it old school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice entry. I hope the Rangers have a successful first season.

    ReplyDelete