Sunday, January 3, 2016

'Nostalgia' from SebG - Armenian Cataphracts



For the first bonus round, which will also count as my first entry, I give you 15 cataphracts, from Essex, in 15mm. I didn't think I would enter this round, but then I remembered. I had some minis I had to paint for a coming tournament. 


A couple of months back, I had bought a middle Roman empire, with some cataphracts. It was enough for me at the time. But then, I decided to go for another army, and I needed more cataphracts... I was about to go on the net and buy some more, when my mother called me to help her clean my former bedroom... I completely forgot to buy the minis. 

Since I am a nice son, I went there during the holidays and started the dust off... And there they were! The extra cataphracts. I had completely forgotten them, but they were actually my first 15mm Ancient minis! from a now closed shop in Paris. 


They were Armenian cataphracts, but hey, from a gaming  distance, who cares? So, After all these years ( about 15 of them), they have finally be cleaned, primed and painted. They are now ready to be played with. For your information, amongst those 15 horsemen, the ones with the beard are my first minis!  Sigh...

12 comments:

  1. Great figures and great unit. Cheers PD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have stumbled upon them after so long - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much armour, they're like tanks! I wonder if the horses get tired?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fidelity of unpainted lead is unquestionable. Our wee friends will wait patiently and without complaint for years upon years, ready to answer our call even decades later. Cracking stuff Seb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. I van only echo Millsy's comment. Faithful lead give back year after year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cats Seb and lucky for you that you rediscovered them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why they were so feared, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heavy Cav indeed! They look grand, and I hope providence will unearth a few wandering troops of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great unit! Good job you didn't clean out your room earlier.

    ReplyDelete