Sunday, January 3, 2016

'Nostalgia' from AlexS - Oldhammer Orks


For me, playing with miniatures began, like many, I think, with Warhammer, or rather, a game of Computer (Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat).


It was then, for more than ten years ago I started collecting, painting miniatures and play them. And all these years in my closet were orcs old wording, which I was in no mood or the ability to paint. 




Now, when Warhammer is already gone, I could leave them lying there, but now I have a good excuse to paint them and remember the days when everything was different: the trees were big, the girls were beautiful, and the prices were small.



19 comments:

  1. Very nice painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always room for more greenies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to play that game. "I am Allor"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice checks on the sword. I did not start with warhammer, but still bought the 1st edition rules and played it quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the middle one! Happy days...

    And I used to play "Shadow of the Horned Rat" on my kids' Playstation as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a man who has painted his fair share of B&W orc checks I can only applaud you Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. Love the black and white checker pattern on the sword and the red eyes in the shield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Familiar with both SOTHR and these, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't beat checkers for true oldhammer! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on these. Love the checks detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oldhammer and the best of them! Great painting work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look splendid, Alex, from the checks to the grubby weathering!
    I have more than a few of their friends lurking about...

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks all ^) I'm glad I was able to convey his nostalgia and gave you a chance to remember the old days.
    PS: da ork da best ^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never played Warhammer Fantasy, but enjoy seeing the entries and reading the posts of those who have. Nice job as always, Alex.

    ReplyDelete